I briefly met Tom from Custom Marine Products at the flooded Annapolis Boat Show in 2019. Briefly because we were standing in 6 inches of water at the booth, but I was sold on their product and service after a few minutes. I went on to buy a complete solar package and with Tom's online help the installation was a success. I would highly recommend their products to any boater purchasing solar.
Purchased a 120ah Lithium Iron Phosphate battery from Custom Marine for use with a Hells Bay Marquesa 18' Flats skiff with power pole and trolling motor. Highly recommend. Prior I had two led acid batteries: one for start and second for trolling motor. With LifePO4 I only use one battery for start, trolling motor etc. Advantages:
- simple wiring with everything on one battery for all electrical functions
- charging the battery with the outboard's alternator
- battery lasts a very long time while on the trolling motor by having a battery that can be used well below 50% state of charge (unlike lead acid)
- battery doesn't run down while the boat is not of use. It holds its state of charge for very long periods
- the ability to check the battery with the bluetooth app on my phone.
This battery and setup is a game changer for bass boats and saltwater flats skiffs. Highly recommend these batteries and Custom Marine. Tom has been wonderful to work with. Prompt, intelligent service.
I just installed a 110 Watt Flexible solar panel using your 10 dual battery controller and remote display for the Duo Dual Battery Controller on my 32 foot Challenger Sailboat. Although the documentation and schematics were very helpful I still had a few questions needing answers. Each time I called CMP I ot an answer right away, no put on hold or call "I'll call you back". In recent memory I have never had service like this.
Everything is working as advertised and my batteries are really topped off. Thank you CMP and Tom